Thinking Outside The Jewelry Box
Despite being exceptionally well versed in styling your jewelry, many of you are stumped when it comes to organizing it. One reason for this (other than sheer laziness or severe ADD) is that thinking of, and trying to accommodate “jewelry” as all one thing just won’t do. What we call “jewelry” is actually four distinct categories which all require slightly different storage systems (that’s: bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and rings, for those of you who don’t speak bauble).
The solution of yesterday was to use drawer divider inserts with sections of varying size to house your jewelry (which in case you’re wondering, still works fantastically). Today’s girl, however, is veering away from the ready-made and opting instead for eclectic, DIY solutions—you want your jewelry storage to reflect your style as much as your actual gems. Moreover, you want to display your jewels on your bureau just as much as on your body. With that in mind, here are a few suggestions for organizing your finery:
• Hang them from hooks on a wall or on the back of a door.
• Pin them to a bulletin board or peg rack, a truly customizable option.
• Drape them over a bust, mannequin, or the edge of a mirror for an easy necklace display.
• Use a jewelry stand to make sure large bangles, clasped bracelets, and even watches are sitting pretty.
• Stack your wrist adornments on repurposed paper towel holders or old bottles.
• Display your bangles in a shallow dish for easy access.
• Situate your digit decorations on a tray. Add a bed of uncooked rice for added cushion and stability.
• Go the obvious route and opt for a ring holder. These come in every style imaginable, so you’re sure to find one that fits the bill.
• Use an art palette or ceramic egg crate as a creative way to keep earring pairs together.
• Add a big dose of chic to your space by using vintage teacups. You can dangle earrings from the edges or keep them nestled inside.Lucky Magazine, I Heart Organizing, Design Sponge, We Heart This, Lonny Magazine, Luluabroad, Decoratrix, C Magazine, Jen Grant Morris, Highstreet Cardigans, Urban Outfitters, Martha Stewart, Live Creating Yourself
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.