9 Things You Need To Release From Your Life This Spring
It’s time for another installment of yours and my favorite, the Ditch-It List series, a playful (but deadly serious) summary of stuff you now officially have no excuse for holding onto necessarily.
1. Luggage with broken zippers and/or handles
Don’t be mistaken: such things represent a travel hazard of the severest variety. One slip of a zip, or bag tag on a broken handle, and your packed life will be at the mercy of the travel gods, who do not, I repeat do NOT look favorably on ill-equipped baggage.
2. Bags with ink stains/ nasty linings
You deserve more than a gummed-and-crumbed bag lining, a sagging, sad briefcase, and a water-stained purse.
3. Medical devices for past injuries and ailments
Are you intending to break your leg again? Are you hoping for an additional shoulder surgery? Are you planning your next ankle sprain? If you answered yes, then by all means, keep that boot/set of crutches/arm sling/ankle brace. Otherwise, be thankful you no longer need the device, and say goodbye and good riddance.
4. Outdated travel guidebooks
The world changes. Information in travel guidebooks does not. You do the math.
5. Cookbooks devoted to the preparation of foods you no longer eat/diets you no longer follow
Don’t eat meat? Don’t need the grilling cookbook. Stopped following the South Beach Diet in the mid 90’s? Hasta la vista baby.
6. Every vase in which you’ve ever received flower arrangements
Chances are if you didn’t buy it expressly, it probably isn’t that special.
7. Your overzealous investment in Post-its
Pray you never have a need to write that many on-the-fly reminder notes.
8. Your three dozen diaries containing writing on approximately three pages
Tear out the three pages of notes if you wish…before donating/recycling the book.
9. Broken glass/ceramic/wood things you’ve been meaning to repair for the last five plus years
It’s over; you’re fine without it; move on.
Which of these rang a bell for you, and what are you going to do about it??
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.