7 (Electrician, Wiring-Free & Affordable) Ways To Light Up Your Dark Space
If I had a flashlight for every time I’ve squinted into a pathetically dim closet while my client bashfully explains the crazy situation within, well then, we wouldn’t need this post.
The cards are stacked against most people when it comes to staying organized, hurdle number 1 being their own laziness. But it’s rawther difficult to control any space very effectively if you legitimately can’t see it (no offense to the blind, for whom lack of vision is clearly not an impediment or we would hope not anyhow).
The answer (add a light!) so easy in pronunciation, is inevitably received as a far-fetched and elaborate plan, unlikely to ever be able to be made good on.
Turns out, though, that adding a little ray o’ sunshine into your darkest corners can be stupidly easy, require zero electricians and involve not one iota of wiring. All aboard? Let’s proceed.
1. Mr. Beams MB522 Battery Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion-Sensing LED Step/Stair Light – This motion-sensing wireless light can technically be placed anywhere, but it seems to me to shine most brightly on a set of dark stairs.
2. Mr. Beams MB723 Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight – This nightlight does pretty much what the name says: it’s suitable for indoor and outdoor spaces, is super bright, is motion sensing, and stays off in daylight.
3. Mr. Beams MB 980 Battery-Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion-Sensing LED Ceiling Light, White– Installs onto indoor and outdoor ceilings, senses motion.
4. Signstek 10 LED Wireless Light-operated Motion Sensor Activated Battery Operated Sconce Wall Light– This guy is notable in that it is one of the few models that even makes an attempt at style. It also has different light settings (high or low light), and offers you the choice between install methods: screw it in or tape it up.
5. GE Plug-In LED Light Fixture , Silver 10486– This light panel does require plugging in, so there’s that. But, its stays-cool-to-the-touch LED bulbs are super bright, give off clean white light, and can be mounted most places.
6. BLISS – New Battery Operated Cool White Under-Cabinet Light with PIR IR Infrared Wireless Motion Sensor, 10 Super-Bright LED– A light panel that can literally be stuck anywhere–literally anywhere and literally stuck– since the installation method involves removing the tape backing and pressing against the surface of your choosing.
7. LE® Dimmable Under Cabinet Lighting, LED Light Bar, Strip lights– These are similar to # 5, but they are ridiculously adept at providing light to countertops since they mount under your cabinets. They also come with a dimmer, a remote control, and everything else you need to light up your world.
Stop living in the dark ages and get with the program already!
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.