6 Ways To Reimagine The Role Of A Bar Cart
Over the weekend, one of my clients asked me for help sourcing a bar cart, and in the process of doing so I arrived back at the conclusion that every blogger before me has: bar carts are dang cute. The piece of furniture, itself, without a single thing yet on it, is an endearing one. I mean, it’s basically a miniature, mobile bookcase. And the handle and wheels that a bar cart features somehow lends it an air of whimsy that a stationary shelving unit just doesn’t possess.
The thing about bar carts is that they’re fairly ineffectual for those individuals who don’t partake of the sauce, or who have family circumstances that discourage the prominent display of and access to said bar. Also, they’re about as ubiquitous these days as toes, meaning they can be a no-go if you’re a person who’s overly concerned about originality in your interior styling. But the thing about bar carts is that they’re actually just carts. The “bar” designation is earned only at time at which bottles of liquor and straws and such are placed atop one.
(You come here for these immensely revelatory proclamations, don’t you?)
So, you want a bar cart, hold the bar? Not to worry! Everyone can still play along with this game.
Let’s get inspired by taking a gander at how others who’ve traversed the carted path before us have reimagined the furniture item.
1. The first way one might repurpose a bar cart is the least departure from the original purpose: keep the beverage theme, leave the booze.
Perhaps a lovely tea trolley is more your style?
Image credit: Styling by Pernilla Åsberg, photography by Lina Ikse Bergman, via Vårt Nya Hem
Or, if you fancy yourself a bean lover, why not erect a coffee cart?
Image credit: Liz Marie Blog
2. Reimagine the bar while also reinventing the nightstand and you’re essentially on your way to being The Great Furniture Innovator of The Last While.
Image credit: Dash of Darling
Image credit: Stoffer Photography via One Kings Lane
3. But if what you need in your life is an extra bit of storage space, and what you’ve got is a bar cart, put that 4-wheeler to work!
Image credit: Decor8
Put it to work in the bathroom, too!
Image credit: Emily Henderson
4. Throw preconceived notions about your bar cart out the window and pretend you’ve never laid eyes on a styled one before. What purpose naturally occurs to you?
A bookshelf on wheels plus a place to park your purse? Grand!
Image credit: Rumi Neely
The perfect coffee table book display? Fantastic! It’s like a vignette on wheels is what this is.
Image credit: Katie Hackworth of H2 Design + Build, photography by Belathee Photography
5. Transform that bar cart into a garden gig.
It’s the lazy-one’s way to ensure those plants get enough sun-time.
Image credit: Beth Jones via Glitter Guide
6. Finally, a niche solution to the bar cart matter: a record station on wheels. Well, call me a throwback Sonos.
Image credit: Target
That concludes the presentation. Tell us what brilliant ways you’ve repurposed your bar cart, or what you’d put on it if you had one.
See?! Everyone still being able to play the game!
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.