Weekend Assignment: Get Summer Ready
I don’t know about your neck of the woods (is there a dorkier expression? If so, be sure to let me know in the comments below) but this week in Seattle has felt like Sum-mer with a capital S. We’re talking car-seat-heat burning off bum cheeks, flowers pulling that whole, “I’m melting!” act, and sweat. Just lots and lots of sweat happening everywhere.
Since we here at Live Simply are in the business of helping you bubble heart your i’s and curly-q your g’s, it seems only appropriate to promote seasonal preparedness. This weekend’s assignment is less a focused, singular task than it is an assemblage of tasks from which you may (delightedly, I’m sure) choose. If you already have the following items on your to do list–great, now you have further encouragement/nagging to get them done.
1. Double check your household’s SPF.
Many people I’ve worked with over the years aren’t abundantly aware of the fact that sunscreen expires, but it like, so does. Double check the expiration dates on the bottles of sunscreen throughout your house. If you can’t locate a date and have no recollection of purchasing, please pitch them and start anew. Believe me, fervently applying expired sunscreen and ending up with a nasty burn stings far worse than a burn incurred by throwing caution to the wind and going SPF-free. A friend told me.
2. Make sure that everyone who needs has a swim suit that fits them.
3. Ditto goggles.
4. Ditto lifejackets.
5. Ditto sunhats.
6. Check out the condition of the old Slip n’ Slide, the sprinkler, the arm floaties, and so on.
(Look out for holes in plastic inflatable things especially!)
7. For those with small humans, make sure you have some fun and easy summer activities, like sidewalk chalk, water balloons, and bubbles.
(For pointers on how to store these kinds of things, take a gander over here.)
8. Get yourself a fan whose ugliness doesn’t make you want to gauge your eyes out.
9. Sign your family up for swim passes.
10. Finalize summer travel plans.
11. Come up with a summer bucket/project/goal list
12. Treat yourself to a new pair of flip flops because I’m willing to bet that pair you’re rocking is haggard.
13. Make summer outings way Simpler for your family.
14. Got one of your own to share? Well don’t just leave us hanging!
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.