9 Products Brilliantly Designed To Help You Get Your Cords Under Control
Cords used to be a problem for people, organizationally speaking.
Back in the dark ages of technology, when no one knew a USB from a AC jack, considering throwing out a never-used ethernet cord felt like too big a risk to take.
Since then, everyone has been burned by having their device die on them unexpectedly, and, vowing never again to find themselves sans juice, has purchased multiple back-up charging cords. We’ve been through multiple generations of iphones, each one replete with its accompanying headphones. And the ubiquity of devices is at an all time, King Kong, people-of-Wall-e-high.
So yes, cords used to be a problem for people, organizationally speaking. Now they’re a quaking volcano of terror and chaos.
It should go without saying (but I will happily say it) that most of us need about a fifth of the cords we possess. But even the edited cord collection doesn’t stand a chance at staying orderly.
Cords are like cooked spaghetti noodles. They don’t stay where you want them to, nor remain wound in any certain way. Unless. (Unless!) Unless you introduce an instrument to act as a pillar of support. A perma-fork if you will.
Wind them up, tie they up, loop them through a taco (not a food metaphor), and those cords are suddenly tamed.
2. Q Not Rubber, Reusable Zip Ties Brilliant things; these are sturdy and dependable. Prepare to fall in love.
3. Tidy Cord, Tidy Mind Leatherette cord keeper (large)
5. Magnetic twist ties (Not just for cords!)
6. Bobino cord wraps The Simplest little things, these are also completely fabulous and perform their function perfectly.
8. Twistable silicone lace Shoelace design; silicone material; cords contained.
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.