It’s A Pre-Weekend Release Party!
So much of our culture is about addition and accumulation. We’re constantly barraged not only with things to buy–thereby adding to our material load–but also with goals to take on, projects to tackle, expectations to live up, standards to uphold. Be better; do more; have it all; do it all; know it all; shame on you! Why haven’t/don’t you yet? Begin again! That’s the chatter we internalize on a daily basis.
In response, rhetoric about ways to enlighten ourselves and abate the crazy has entered the mainstream. It’s wonderful…and, it’s also another entire set of things to which we ideally would like to hold ourselves accountable.
We now can be so much and have so many that many of us spend our days spinning in mental circles, just looking for a loophole, an escape route, a way to relieve some of the pressure.
In the interest that is at the heart of all of this (LIVE SIMPLY), let’s lighten our loads in any way starting now. Let’s resolve to release the trivial or major things that we’re just plain and tired of subscribing to, perpetuating, or creating. We’re done caring about them. Let’s make it true by speaking (typing) those things aloud to each other.
Here are 5 of mine:
- I’m done with those “Morning Routines of 5 Successful Women,” “6 Things Every Person On The Forbes List Does Before Breakfast,” “blah blah blah” articles. I don’t care. I’m done with convincing myself I have an inkling of interest because I feel I should. Guess what I’ve learned from any such pieces I’ve done in the past? Everyone does it differently. The only real secret is to do what works for you.
- I’m done feeling sometimes-kind-of weird about shelling out for organic, indulgent skin care products. Because I’ve decided taking really good care of the one face I get in this life is a value of mine, however vain.
- I’m done with flight-booking feeling like a hugely stressful task. It really isn’t. It’s just a choice. So find the best option with regards to time and date, book the thing and be done. Anxiety = not warranted.
- I’m done with not paying the utmost attention to my intuition.
- And here’s one I really, really want to be done with lately: being critical of me.
Now, I’m dying to hear from you; what 1-5 things are you done with or desperately trying to say goodbye to?? Please share in the comments below. I want this to be a repository of release, and I want us to find strength in each other’s life-editing.
I hear there’s a popular Disney movie, the theme song of which goes something like…”LET IT GO.”
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.