Handbag Essential: The Just-In-Case Case
It appears inherent in the nature of the female species to want to be prepared with any and all items they or anyone around them might need at any given time– the modern day method being to tote (or lug, as the case may be) said items in a stylish satchel (see: Mary Poppins, Michelle Pfeiffer’s character in One Fine Day, et al.).
There is a line where this tendency towards precautionary stockpiling becomes nothing short of bag-lady-ness, and no lady should willingly be a bag lady. I do, however, endorse a healthy stash of preparedness products to be stored in one’s handbag.
The Just-In-Case Case. That one right there belongs to yours truly. Here’s the skinny:
1. Purell. Because when you have a hand-washing compulsion, a pseudo-sink-and-soap for on the go becomes necessary. Especially after pumping gas. And especially after anything.
2. Floss. Because you know how sometimes you bite into the apple at a weird angle and you end up with that invisible chunk between your two left incisors that feels so mammoth you fear imminent teeth-separation? And it drives you absolutely nuts until you can get it out? I’m just kidding, I don’t know what the heck incisors are, I’m no dentist!
3. Oil Sheets. Because shiny is good on coins but not on faces.
4. Gum/Mint. Because bad breath.
5. Band-aid. So that when you slit your hand open on a razor blade you didn’t see whilst organizing a tool bench you can cover your wound, instead of bleeding all over everything.
6. Tampon. See: above, sort of.
7. Chapstick. Because chapped lips can kill!
8. Perfume Atomizer. Because sometimes you just want a refresh.
9. Advil. Because it’s so hard to help people Live Simply while your brain is pounding away in pain.
10. Hand cream. Because when you have a hand washing compulsion, your hands tend to be dry and require constant rehydration.
11. Lipgloss(es). Because come on.
Now, you tell me; what’s in your just-in-case case?
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.