Ahead Of The Pack: 8 Essential Products For Organized Summer Travel
The conclusion of the school year is imminent (much to the partial chagrin of parents everywhere, which I personally find hilarious), which means that the long stretch of summer is, too. In between weeks at home, during which parents will sweat over how to keep their children occupied, there will be, for those fortunate enough to afford the luxury of getting out of town, plenty of travel plans.
There’ll be summer camp, and family trips to Italy, and weekends with relatives across the country. And all of these excursions will call for the dreaded P-word: packing.
I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who actually enjoys packing for travel. It’s stressful trying to remember all of those small details! It’s anxiety-producing forcing oneself to commit to such a meager sampling of one’s belongings. It’s inhibiting! Boring! A chore!
But maybe, just maybe, the lack of joy in the process comes from a lack of joy in the system. From everything I’ve observed, most of us are genuine nerds at heart. We really do love having a system to adhere to. We love knowing this thing goes here and that thing goes there. We excel when we have brought a level of intentionality to an activity. The thing of it is, few of us have a sufficiently established system for packing. Without a playground for our inner-dork to delight in, we’re left floundering and flying by the seat of our pants.
So what does one do, to travel Simply? Get a system, dummy!
1. luggage tags – The easiest, most stylish way to ensure your bag stands out in a crowd…ed bag carousel.
2. cosmetics containers – My absolute favorite way to transport cosmetics. Zero leakage, zero problems getting the contents out from the bottle.
3. cable turtles – These brilliant little, colored wheels make corralling your cords a non-issue.
4. packing cubes – Compartmentalize, condense, color code. Packing cubes will change your travel game. Plus, these come in a bevy of colors and patterns (even more here), meaning that every member of the family can have their own set.
5. shoe bags – Because. The end.
6. pill organizer – A pill box small enough to travel with, but big enough to fit those horse pills we all take for greater vitality.
7. wet bag – A travel necessity. A place to stow a wet swimsuit, a sweaty workout top, or even a piece of clean laundry that’s not yet fully dried.
8. Seat pak – Pouches are the answer to travel sanity, and this one is ideal to keep with you at your seat.
Other Posts You May Love
Leave a Comment
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.
Leave a Comment