9 Verses For Thanksgiving
1. I have so much.
2. I will happily use the occasion of this day to focus my attention on the many things I have to be thankful for.
3. I will choose to see this day not as artificial or contrived, but as an opportunity to express and consider what I ought to be on a daily basis.
4. I will feel thankful for the authentic reminder of the necessity to pause and give thanks that this day, itself provides.
5. All day long, I will concentrate on my blessings rather than on my grievances. When I catch myself returning to negative, fearful thoughts of lack I will purposefully turn my mind in the opposite direction again.
6. I am beginning to see how I might use this day as a mental exercise, one that I might carry over into the next, and the next, and the next.
7. More and more will I make the good in my life take precedence over the bad.
8. I am starting to understand that the whole world is a gift just for me, that I might use it in a way that most brings me joy.
9. Seeing and knowing all my blessings, I can begin to, in all ways, using my special set of skills, return the blessing right back to the world; as a means of thanking, as a token of love, as a testament of kinship.Image credit: Aubrie Pick for Apartment 34
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.