A Label For Every Storage Scenario (R.I.P Your Excuses)
In organizing, as in life, one must never make assumptions.
A label is not a label is not a label. Not for everyone, or for every type of storage scenario.
Sure, a label-maker label can get you about 90% of the way there. But, what if you abhor the look of label-maker labels? What if you need maximum flexibility when it comes to labeling technique because contents inside are bound to constantly shift? What if there’s no smooth surface on which to affix an adhesive label?
Turns out: there are a lot of variables at play when it comes to the labeling of your belongings!
The good news is this: there is a label for every situation. It’s merely a matter of identifying the particular one most appropriate to your storage vessel and your sense of style.
In other words, you no longer have an excuse not to be labeling your stuff. (Not sorry.)
Here a few offerings which should cover most of your labeling bases.
1. Waterproof chalkboard labels – Best for jars, bottles and canisters; usually in the kitchen or craft room; provides flexibility rather than static labeling.
2. Round chalkboard labels – Best for jars, bottles and canisters; great for spice jar labeling; provides flexibility rather than static labeling.
3. Kraft paper labels – Best for jars, bottles and canisters; usually in the kitchen, craft room, or bathroom.
4. OXO removable labels – Best for affixing to plastic, glass or stainless steel containers; usually in the kitchen; withstands washing, and safe to use on microwave- and freezer-safe containers.
5. White erasable multipurpose labels – Provides flexibility rather than static labeling; incredibly durable, and withstands washing.
6. Chalk hanging sign tag – Best for baskets and bins; tie easily around handles and into woven baskets; excellent for toy storage vessels and pantry baskets; can be used with a chalk pen or permanent marker (metallics recommended in that case).
7. Erasable colored labels – Provides flexibility rather than static labeling; incredibly durable, and withstands washing.
8. Kraft paper hang tag labels – Best for dry storage areas, such as linen closets, craft rooms, or playrooms.
9. Black bin clip labels – Best for baskets and bins; excellent for identifying toy storage; can be used with a chalk pen or permanent marker (metallics recommended in that case).
Other Posts You May Love
Leave a Comment
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.
Leave a Comment