9 Verses for How To Live Simply At Holiday Parties
1. I know that in the past I may have had a tendency to get stressed out by holiday gatherings. I may have initiated the agitated, stressed out energy, or I may have been sucked into others’. Either way, this year I am willing to act differently.
2. I am ready to commit to staying in a positive state, one in which the purpose of holiday parties–namely, to celebrate and be in the spirit of joy–remains at the forefront of my mind.
3. I am excited to let go of the nervous, fretful thoughts that have previously plagued my mind when faced with seeing people whom I have not seen for a long time.
4. More and more I own who I am, feel confident in where I’m at in life, and therefore don’t feel the need to compare myself to others.
5. I am looking forward to speaking with that person who has always annoyed me to no end in the past, because I am more equipped now than I was then to see past anything on the surface to the love in them.
6. I know that at any gathering there are bound to be people who exude love and joy, and those who are mired in cynicism. I know too that I can choose which type of person I want to engage.
7. I am so relieved that I don’t have to remain trapped in a conversation in which I feel uncomfortable, and I am looking forward to politely excusing myself if I feel it’s necessary.
8. I can’t wait to give my family and friends what they are really craving from me–my being fully present with them.
9. I am ready to put down the burden of small talk, and instead aim to engage with people on a deeper, soul level. When I ask a question it will be because I care about the answer, and those who I’m talking to will see that by the way I attentively receive their words of response.Image credit: Glitter Guide
There are 9 from me; add your verse in the comments below.
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.