Monday’s Meditation: On 14 Verses for A Day Lived Simply
1. I am beginning to see that only I am the master of my life, and I, alone, set the tone for this day.
2. I am becoming ever more capable of conquering all the trivial nuisances which may arise throughout the day; I have a choice to become undone by them, or to hold steadfast to my inner calm, instead letting them roll right past, rather than push through, me.
3. I’ve decided that today I will remain true to myself. I will not bend to manipulations or friendly cajoling.
4. Kindness and love is at the forefront of my being, and I look forward to giving it to whomever crosses my path, whether they have acted with love towards me or not.
5. Before acting, I will reserve one additional moment to consider the situation and to identify the Simplest and most loving solution.
6. I await the moments when I might display my patience towards others and towards myself.
7. I am ready to see that today is a chance to begin everything anew. I move forward from yesterday’s failure having learned how I may do it better.
8. I happily relinquish the burden of yesterday and tomorrow.
9. I am excited to see wonder in all things around me. I will look with new eyes so that I might see things familiarity has caused me to become blind to.
10. I marvel at the un-relenting channel of love that flows freely throughout the universe, that steadies my steps. I will think on this love throughout the day, and whenever stress threatens to dull my awareness of it, I will purposefully focus on it all the more. I will think of the things that to me are the essence of happiness.
11. I will be keen to discern mental clutter that squirms its way into my mind from truth– truth is love and the rest is noise.
12. I hold this day like a gift, like the most precious treasure. I look forward to using it for good, and in a way that shows my gratitude for it. I will color it with my brilliance.
13. I honor each step I take forward today, no matter how small. I acknowledge, after all, that every great endeavor is composed of a thousand and more tiny parts.
14. More and more I see that all things are blessings: the good bless me with joy. The trying bless me with the opportunity to learn and grow, that I might thereafter encounter them again, and, seeing my growth, find joy.Image credit: Anna Malin
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.