Shower Organization Tips
That great closet in which gushes forth water (if you’re fortunate enough to have some decent pressure) and which allows us to cleanse ourselves of the impurities of dirt, oil, other naturally occurring bodily secretions– the shower.
In the hopes of making your cleansing process as pleasant as possible, I offer you the following thoughts:
1. Is there anyone else out there in the world, I wonder, who does this: Upon using a product up whilst in the shower, you think, “must remember to get another one of those.” Intent on getting to the towel as quickly as possible, you climb out of the shower and continue on with your life, forgetting the empty shampoo bottle ever existed. Cut to: the next day, you go to squeeze your shampoo out like a dumb-dumb, re-discover it’s empty and spend the rest of the shower reminding yourself you’re a bit of an idiot. Repeat for: as many days as it takes.
This is a small thing, but I will never remember to replace a product unless I physically remove it from the shower and place it out on the bathroom counter– strange, really, as I’m generally not an out-of-sight, out-of-mind type person, but somehow, when it comes to shower goods, anything that happens within goes into a mental vortex that doesn’t extend past the tub tile. Ya folla?
2. On a similar note, I’ve noticed a trend among the male (sorry guys!) species– the non removal of empty product containers from the shower stall. Perhaps it’s some spatial reasoning experiment they’re intent on carrying out, but whatever it is, it’s not Living Simply. When you finish something, remove it from the shower. Heck, expel it from the shower mid-shower! Doing so will only further trigger the mental cue for replacement (see # 1).
3. Finally, outfit your shower with the proper accoutrements to enable efficient bathing. Though a thorough search was conducted, I report sadly that the majority of my shower organizer finds were completely unremarkable, at times verging on horrid. The three below managed to qualify:
– A simple and sleek shower caddy that won’t take up much space and offers a hanging bar for washcloths, etc.
– The only shower organizer I came across that makes any sort of attempt at design / character.
– A pretty nifty product in the shower department: this guy allows you to clamp on the caddies wherever you like along its frame, and the caddies themselves may be rotated and situated in the position that suits you best.
What are your shower organization habits? Do tell!Image credits: Pottery Barn, BHG, Pottery Barn, Umbra Bird Bath Shower Caddy, Shower Station Modular Shower Caddy
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.