Birthday Wishes, 2013
Today, today is my birthday! In honor of that, I’m sharing 10 wishes with and for all of you.
1. That each one of you would commit to tackling just one project in your space, no matter how big or small which has been nagging at you for however long, and know that all that stands between you and the triumphant feeling of having accomplished it is a little bit of time and attention.
2. That we, as amassers of material objects, shift in our mindset from hoarding belongings based on fear, anxiety, and a sense of need and scarcity, to one of pure enjoyment, comfort, beauty and functionality.
3. That we pledge to collectively abstain from using the adjective (which has somehow crept into our vernacular) “amazeballs” because WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
4. That before you act, speak, buy, plan, stress, you ask yourself: is this the Simplest? Could it be made Simpler? What is the Simplest way I can: communicate my message/achieve my goal/ solve my problem? Then whatever that is, do that.
5. That places like J. Crew, Anthropologie, Club Monaco, Madewell, et. al could lower their price points, just a little bit.
6. That even as we revel in the excitement of developing technologies, we continue to immerse ourselves in genuine human interaction and connectedness because we’re potentially just a few Instragrams away from being the people in Wall-E and that scares the guacamoles out of me.
7. That all good little boys and girls ANDORGANIZERSAHEM commence ownership of the canine whom they have been pining over for months or years without a tail wag of relief.
8. That we all shut up for a minute or two and try to discern that really small whisper inside ourselves that knows the truth, and would guide us to a state of bliss if only we would be keen enough to listen.
9. That we remember we are all meant to take care of and look after one another, and that compassion and love is the most powerful thing in the universe.
10. That you share my website, blog, and work with one family member, friend, or acquaintance with whom you think it might resonate because I’m on a mission to Simplify the world and I can’t do it without your help.
HA!Image credits: (clockwise from top left) Pretty Chic Blog, Cilantropist, Rue Mag, Confetti Sunshine
Other Posts You May Love
Search The Blog
Simplify Your World
Sign up for the email list to get inspiration and simplified tips sent right to your inbox.