I’m an organizational expert and author. I am sought after for my unique approach to organizing, a carefully refined balance of: sprightly action (clients amaze at my efficiency), unfaltering concentration and determination for the task at hand, patience for and acknowledgement of the emotional component, an eye for aesthetics and style, and an undaunted sense of humor and fun.
I teach people to simplify their lives, equipping them with the tools to clarify priorities, to objectively evaluate their belongings, to establish successful organizational systems and strategies, and to create a space for the luxury of beauty and simplicity.
I know that it’s possible for everyone to Live Simply, if only they would. Take the time, enlist the help, reap the rewards.
I love this work to my core, which is why I spend my every-waking hour devoted to it, whether with local clients in Seattle, destination clients (I travel, too!), or the international audience my blog attracts.
Other things some may find important: I hold a B.A. in English from the University of Michigan, where I graduated cum laude. I am currently the resident organizing expert for Modern Parents Messy Kids, one of Martha’s Circle of blogs. My writing has been featured in many publications, both virtual and print, including HomeStyle Magazine, MUSES Magazine, Le Petite Fashionista Magazine, as well as in numerous other lifestyle websites.
Other things I think are important:
- I have been writing seriously (or at least, so I thought back then) since the age of 6, and began organizing and engaging in domestic management when I was just 10 (that’s a long story that we’ll get to one of these days).
- I am unassumingly strong, which many people doubt when they size up my 5′ 2″ bitty frame.
- Apples-and-peanut-butter is my idea of the perfect food.
- I am from Detroit, Michigan, a city that I love, and about which I would prefer us to say nice things.
- I attended Waldorf schools, which I cannot speak highly enough about, and about which I am always happy to answer questions.
- I love dogs and really cute children (peanuts).
- If you came to my house or met me in person you would find that I Live just as Simply as I claim to.
For the whole backstory on me & Live Simply, head on over here.
About Live Simply
“Live Simply” is a life style.
As such, it encompasses all facets of being, from your material possessions to your emotional state.
It’s peeling away the extraneous: in emotional dealings, the manipulations, obligations, fear, and doubt. In the material realm, the clutter of unnecessary belongings, the tired, worn, or never used, the items that are weighing you down, taking up precious space, and complicating your daily routine.
It’s recognizing that by removing those layers, you may uncover the underlying essence—the beauty of simplicity.
It’s consistently striving to choose the most direct, honest and kind method of communicating, relating, and living.
It’s deciding that you are worthy and capable of having a space and a life that provides you fulfillment and happiness.
It’s learning to be intentional about what you bring into your space and your life.
It’s living with awareness of self, of others, of genuine need.
It’s keeping it real.
It’s finding the humor.
It’s making it lovely.
It’s Live Simply.
*Live Simply logo by Ariel Markowitz