1. I have so much.
2. I will happily use the occasion of this day to focus my attention on the many things I have to be thankful for.
3. I will choose to see this day not as artificial or contrived, but as an opportunity to express and consider what I ought to be on a daily basis.
4. I will feel thankful for the authentic reminder of the necessity to pause and give thanks that this day, itself provides.
5. All day long, I will concentrate on my blessings rather than on my grievances. When I catch myself returning to negative, fearful thoughts of lack I will purposefully turn my mind in the opposite direction again.
6. I am beginning to see how I might use this day as a mental exercise, one that I might carry over into the next, and the next, and the next.
7. More and more will I make the good in my life take precedence over the bad.
8. I am starting to understand that the whole world is a gift just for me, that I might use it in a way that most brings me joy.
9. Seeing and knowing all my blessings, I can begin to, in all ways, using my special set of skills, return the blessing right back to the world; as a means of thanking, as a token of love, as a testament of kinship.Image credit: Aubrie Pick for Apartment 34